|Joined: 01 Jun 2013|
|Read: 0 topics|
Article Source: uPublish.info
MaryJo Wagner Article Feed :
About the Author:
Susan's a math whiz and Caleb's an artist extraordinaire. That's, great but wouldn't [url=http://www.sandvikfw.net/shopuk.php]hollister sale[/url] it be better if Caleb could improve in math and Susan could develop some artistic skills? They can and it's easy.
Researchers have recently discovered that [url=http://www13.plala.or.jp/gakuki3/cgi_bin/aska/aska.cgi]Hogan Outlet Hearing loss hel[/url] whole-brain learning or brain-based learning is an efficient and effective learning strategy that helps kids (parents and teachers, too) learn anything easily without struggling.
One feature of brain-based learning involves using both the right side and the left side of the brain. Although nobody is just left brain or just right brain, most of us have a dominance.
Susan's math aptitude means she is probably left-brain dominant, and Caleb, the artist, has a right-brain dominance.
Learning to read and write requires using both sides of the brain. So does learning math and even doing art. In fact, doing just about anything well, including thinking clearly, and even problem solving, involves using [url=http://www.1855sacramento.it/woolrich.php]woolrich outlet[/url] the right and left hemispheres of the front part of the brain.
How do you accomplish this? Easy. Just move across the center mid-line of your body. Every time you move your right arm to your left side or your left arm to your right side, you're crossing the mid-line and improving learning, thinking, and problem [url=http://www.batfriendtrust.it]hogan outlet[/url] solving. Now you're using brain-based learning.
Works for kids. Works for you. Try these parenting tips and teacher resources today.
1. Give yourself a big hug.
2. Tell [url=http://www.1855sacramento.it/peuterey.php]peuterey outlet[/url] kids the only rule is to cross the mid-line of the body, right hand to left side, left hand to right side. [url=http://www.lotogame.fr/hollisterfrance.php]www.lotogame.fr/hollisterfrance.php[/url] Now let them invent ways of doing this.
3. Dance the hula. Or twirl a hula hoop.
4. Take a Brain Boosters TeleClass. Sign up at [url=http://www.reedlawky.com/hollisterde.php]hollister online shop[/url] [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] Or a Brain Gym class. Sign up at [link widoczny dla zalogowanych]
5. Do the twist. (So you weren't dancing in the 50s and 60s? Ask somebody [url=http://www.ennenne.it]moncler[/url] to show you how to twist or get a dance video.) Twist with the kids while you listen to some old Chubby Checker songs.
6. Rake some leaves with your kids, making sure you're raking off to the side instead of straight in front of you.
7. Play [url=http://www.lotogame.fr/louboutin-pas-cher/]louboutin[/url] a board game. (Use your right hand to move your piece when it's in the left corner and vice versa.)
8. Practice using your non-dominant hand to reach for things on the opposite side of your body. Even writing and drawing with your non-dominant hand helps. (You'll get better with practice.)
9. Do Yoga and Tai Chi. Lots of moves cross the mid-line.
10. Cross your ankles and arms in front or in back when you're doing jumping jacks. Kids can usually do this. If you can't, try it [url=http://www.chu-forex.fr/airjordan.php]nike air jordan pas cher[/url] in a swimming pool.
This brain-based learning strategy really isn't all that complicated. Lots of everyday kinds of activities get the whole brain active. Sitting around watching TV, however, isn't one of them! You and your kids have to move [url=http://www.comeplayarcade.com/activity/p/122038/]barbour outlet BUSINESS PROGRESS AND VEDIC ASTROLOGY - written by Jyotishacharya Vinay Sheel Saxena[/url] around and cross your mid- [url=http://www.davidhabchy.com]barbour outlet[/url] line. It's fun.
Keywords: , , , , , , , ,
Ten Easy Ways to Help Kids Learn: A Brain-based Learning Strategy [url=http://www.ennenne.it]moncler outlet[/url] that Really WorksArticle Summary: Crossing the mid-line is a simple brain-based-learning strategy [url=http://www.tesangay.com/barbour.php]barbour online shop[/url] with dozens of variations that kids and adults can easily do throughout the day. Use these teacher resources and parent tips to help kids improve reading, do homework, and learn new skills. Use them yourself to improve job performance or teaching. Helps everybody focus on the task at hand and get it done.
MaryJo Wagner, Ph.D. The Learning Doctor "Helping You Help Your Kids Learn" [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] . Get [url=http://www.riad-marrakesh.fr]www.riad-marrakesh.fr[/url] the complimentary brain-based-learning newsletter, "Brain Boosters for Your Kids," Help your kids learn faster and easier. Sign up Now!
**NOTE** - [url=http://www.ttcarpets.co.uk]mulberry sale[/url] has claimed original rights on the article "Ten Easy Ways to Help Kids Learn: [url=http://www.jeremyparendt.com/Barbour-Paris.php]barbour france paris[/url] A Brain-based Learning Strategy that Really Works" ... if there is a dispute on the [url=http://www.tomomo.on.arena.ne.jp/cgi-bin/w-ins/yybbs.cgi/yybbs.cgi?mybbpage=30%3C/a%3E]louboutin pas cher Comparing [/url] originality of this article ... please contact us via our and supply our staff with the appropriate details of dispute (ie ).