|Joined: 06 Aug 2013|
|Read: 0 topics|
|How many times have you proclaimed, "I need to go on a diet"? How many of those diets resulted in long-term success? Not many. Millions of people are looking for the answer to improved health and fitness, and spend billions of dollars every year on diets and weight loss. Diets continually fail to deliver results because no matter how compelling the underlying principles for any diet may seem, no one can stay on a diet forever. Eventually, you will drop the diet and go back to your normal eating habits. Typically, you not only gain back the weight you lost, but statistics show that you will also gain additional weight.
Anything built on a faulty foundation has little chance for success, and most weight loss programs are riddled with pitfalls and over inflated promises. Managing your weight and weight loss are commitments that are lifelong. Until you accept the reality that they are a learning process that takes ongoing work and focus, you will continue to look for the fast and simple solutions that [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] are nothing more than a bunch of big, fat lies.
Long-term success with health and weight loss requires significant changes not just in [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] how you eat, but in the way you live. Attaining results must be achieved in a way that enhances your life and allows your body to reach its optimal [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] weight naturally. This is in sharp contrast to the quick-fix mentality, which attempts to trick the body into short-term [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] weight loss with diets and other rapid results formulas.
There are six basic principles that allow long-term positive change [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] to occur. Each plays an integral role in achieving health and fitness success:
1. Understand how addictions can negatively impact your lifestyle choices. There are many forms of addiction that go unrecognized or fly under the radar of conventional thinking, negatively impacting our health. In our stressed-out society, we search [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] for escape from the harsh realities of life. We smoke, drink alcohol, take drugs and overeat. It might surprise you that the average American watches hours and hours of television every day. More than 4 hours daily, to be exact. Yet, the biggest reason people give for not exercising is that they don't have the [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] time. All of these activities make us fat, [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] lazy and out of shape. They prevent us from obtaining optimal health.
2. Reduce toxic exposure and stress. The definition of toxic is poison. Sadly, we are surrounded by poisons that damage our health and put our lives at risk. We have been conditioned to believe that small amounts of toxic exposure are safe, but they are not. There are thousands of untested chemical combinations injected into our food and water supply, and there [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] are deadly chemical compounds in our personal hygiene and cleaning products. Stress is the number one toxin, contributing to as much as 80 percent of all disease. Educate yourself about the deadly toxins or watch your health slowly and quietly deteriorate.
3. Create a mindset for change with no time limits. The starting block for any long-term success is changing the way you think about your body and your health. Changing your mindset says that you've made the decision that you truly want to improve your health. This may include weight loss and ultimately weight management, whatever it takes. Your determination must be strong and cannot waiver. Obviously, this cannot be achieved with a six-week diet or any other type of short-term solution. Until you change your mindset, all of the decisions you make regarding your health or weight challenges will be flawed. Your new mindset must focus on how your actions and attitudes will help you achieve your goals for the rest of your life. If you do not have a weight problem or if you do not feel that weight loss is important to improve your health, your new long-term mindset is no less important. The end result of implementing a new, long-term mindset while applying the principles outlined here will naturally result in weight reduction and, more important, improved health.
4. Provide proper nutrition to feed your body and your [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] brain. Did you ever try to fill the gas tank in your car with diesel fuel? If you have, you would have found yourself stuck on the side of the road watching your car smoke and sputter because you fed it fuel that was not designed for you car's optimal performance. Everything we eat and drink affects us on [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] a cellular level. Fuel for the brain and body is food. The type of fuel you choose to consume will determine how your body operates. Most of our food choices are made with our taste buds, driven by the desire to obtain pleasure with little thought about the consequences of our actions. There are many small but still palatable changes [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] you can make to your eating habits that can have a big impact on your health.
5. Participate in physical activity regularly using consistent exercise. It takes a deficit or surplus of 3,500 calories to lose or gain a single pound of body fat. Everyone burns a certain number of calories just by being alive. This is called your resting metabolic rate (RMR). After you account for your RMR, a caloric surplus (weight gain) or deficit (weight loss) is a simple mater of calories consumed through eating and drinking versus calories expended through physical activity. It is a proven fact that even small amounts of activity can dramatically improve your health.
6. Adjust your [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] lifestyle with habits and routines that will enhance your life. Human beings are creatures of habit, and we follow the same patterns and routines every day. Give some thought about what you do when you wake up in the morning and every night before you go to bed. It is human nature to fly on autopilot, constantly repeating our actions without thinking about them. You will never be successful achieving your health and fitness goals with fads or quick-fix solutions. Lasting results can only be obtained with lifestyle changes that you can stick with for the rest of your life.
Copyright (c) 2008 Craig Pepin Donat
Keywords: , , ,
Craig Pepin-Donat has created numerous professional training programs based on his formula for success that have helped millions of people to living a healthier and more active lifestyle.The Fit Advocate website -
Craig Pepin Donat Article Feed :
About the Author:
**NOTE** - has claimed original rights on the article "6 Simple Principles for Improved Health and Lasting Weight Loss" ... if there is a [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] dispute on the originality of this article ... please contact us via our and [link widoczny dla zalogowanych] supply our staff with the appropriate details of dispute (ie ).
6 Simple Principles for Improved Health and Lasting Weight LossArticle Summary: Long-term success with health and weight loss requires significant changes not just in how you eat, but in the way you live. Attaining results must be achieved in a way that enhances your life and allows your body to reach its optimal weight naturally. There are six basic principles that allow long-term positive change to occur. Each plays an integral role in achieving health and fitness success
Article Source: uPublish.info