|Joined: 06 Aug 2013|
|Read: 0 topics|
Submitted 2012-07-29 18:51:06 Every book, article, or blog post has some kind of summary statement at [url=http://www.jordanpascherofficiele.com]air jordan pas cher[/url] the [url=http://www.sandvikfw.net/shopuk.php]hollister outlet sale[/url] end of it, which usually includes [url=http://www.lcdmo.com/hollister.php]hollister pas cher[/url] the main points covered in the writing.
A summary brings [url=http://www.gdklz.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=739&do=blog&quickforward=1&id=42287]hollister france Braquage d'une bijouterie à Cap[/url] together the main points made in a piece of writing, usually brief and to the point. The main points might be bulleted or included one point per paragraph. A summary of an entire work, say a book, will also include a thesis statement, which is a summary statement in itself of the entire work.
A summary can also lead readers to the next section or chapter with a brief enticement of information to come, placed at the end of that section or chapter.
You can also use a summary of content that has come before to introduce the current chapter. This repeating of information can reinforce points readers should have learned and understood about the topic. The [url=http://www.jeremyparendt.com/Hollister-b5.php]hollister france[/url] previous information reminds readers of the foundation of knowledge already established for the [url=http://www.teatrodeoro.com/hollisterde.php]hollister deutschland[/url] current section or chapter.
WHEN TO USE A SUMMARY
You might want to look at your work as individual pieces or sections strung together with a common topic or theme, using the same title. All the sections relate to the topic. For each section, you might include a summary, especially if the section is complicated or includes a lot of information.
Certain places within each section might need a brief summary to reinforce your main points or to help your reader connect pieces [url=http://www.jeremyparendt.com/Barbour-Paris.php]barbour pas cher soldes[/url] of information to form a complete picture of your discussion of the topic.
To summarize this article series on nonfiction writing methods, each method can be [url=http://www.lcdmo.com/hollister.php]hollister france[/url] used in the question: [url=http://www.trulyislam.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=random&cat=&pos=-371/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-371]Fundamental Guides in Planning and Printing Catalogs for Your Business[/url] Can I use this method effectively to better describe and discuss my topic? The next question is: Where can I best use this method in my writing? Ask yourself these questions about each method for your writing; you may find that you can add content that will [url=http://www.otsu.ed.jp/ktt-e/bbs/bbs.cgi/bbs.cgi%20,Alex.Allright371@@bigstring.com,nzuesmjybuul%3C]hollister sale Jane Birkin ch[/url] help readers better understand your points.
To summarize this article, summaries [url=http://www.jeremyparendt.com/Barbour-Paris.php]barbour france paris[/url] can be used anywhere [url=http://www.mnfruit.com/airjordan.php]jordan pas cher[/url] in your text, specifically:
* at [url=http://www.mnfruit.com/louboutinpascher.php]louboutin pas cher[/url] the end to state the main points of the text,
* anywhere in the middle to state main points of a section and to reinforce learning,
* at the beginning of the text (if the text is in the middle of the whole piece), to state the main points covered in previous chapters or sections, again, as a reinforcement for [url=http://www.mxitcms.com/abercrombie/]abercrombie milano[/url] learning.
QUESTIONS FOR DETERMINING USE OF A SUMMARY
1. Do you want to include a detailed summary of points covered at the end of each section? of each chapter?
2. Do you want to include a summary at the end of your writing? Would it be [url=http://www.jeremyparendt.com/jimmy-choo.php]jimmy choo chaussures[/url] in its own section or take up an entire chapter for a book?
3. How long do you want each summary to be? It can be a brief paragraph or an entire chapter?
4. Do you want to use bullets for each main point, to make it easier for the reader to read?
5. What sections within your writing could use a summary of their own?
A summary is an effective tool to reinforce the points made in your writing and to reinforce learning of those points as a foundation for more to come. Summaries can be placed anywhere in your writing, to accomplish various goals.